Intellectual Property Rights Center (IPRC) is a non-governmental, non-profit organization, duly registered and validly existing under the laws of the Republic of Armenia.
IPRC’s MISSION is to promote, support and facilitate Armenia’s shift to a knowledge based economy for the benefit of the Armenia’s economy and its society as a whole, through the implementation of its goals and objectives in the field of intellectual property rights.
IPRC’s GOALS and OBJECTIVES include but are not limited to the following:
- support to the Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) awareness raising in Armenia and inform the public about the importance of IPR protection;
- support to the development of the IPR field in Armenia, including the IPR reforms;
- organize, hold and/or support the organization and holding of activities aiming to develop the IPR field in Armenia;
- organize, hold and/or support the organization and holding of activities stimulating creativity and creative activities.
Since 2011 thanks to IPRC about 5,000 people have been trained at:
- Universities (American University of Armenia; French University in Armenia; Russian-Armenian (Slavonic) University; Yerevan Management University; other universities through IP Moot Court Competition),
- School of Advocates & Chamber of Advocates,
- TUMO Center for Creative Technologies,
- Gyumri Technopark,
- Gyumri Branch of Yerevan State Academy of Fine Arts,
- DigiTec Expo Microsoft Innovation Center,
- Symposium for Armenian Judges on Intellectual Property Rights,
- Symposium for Prosecutors and Police Officers on Intellectual Property Rights,
- Top Class Program for Entrepreneurs and Managers in Armenia.
IPRC cooperates with numerous public and private institution such as the Armenian IP Agency (AIPA) of the Ministry of Economic Development and Investments, RA Government, Armauthor NGO (the only collecting society of Armenia), Microsoft Armenia, American University of Armenia, LL.M Program, Armenian Chamber of Advocates (Armenian Bar Association), the US Embassy in Armenia, the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO).